Sunday, November 28, 2010

Treasures

I have been watching indie romance after indie romance and I had to share some treasures with you all.

The Exploding Girl is a movie I could really connect with. Ivy is the main character and she is struggling in a disconnected relationship and is realizing her feelings for her best friend. It's such a bright and colorful film.

Breaking Upwards made me fall in love fast and it slowly tore me apart and left me in a mess of tissues. One of the best movies I have ever seen. It has a documentary type feel and follows a story we all know too well, breaking up.

Dakota Skye is a movie about a girl graduating from high school and finding out who she is and who she belongs with. I adored this movie, it is the perfect combination of happiness and heart break. 

I hope you all enjoy!
xo AO

8 comments:

  1. I have been needing some good movies to watch! Thanks for the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, love indie movies!! Will definitely look into them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the movie suggestions! I am loving your new banner and pic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loved Dakota Skye, and Breaking Upward is in my netflix queue, but I've never heard of The Exploding Girl. Hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really needed these movie suggestions. Thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will add this movie to my list- I am so happy to 'meet' you- I am really enjoying your blog-
    Have a great weekend lovely lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just added all of these to my list of movies to watch! Thank you! Let me know if you have any more suggestions!

    (I love the new blog layout!!)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts?